We received the following information from Network Rail:
Network Rail will shortly begin refurbishing the railway bridge on Wheatfield Road, Edinburgh.
Please find attached a copy of the works notification letter sent to lineside neighbours: below
Work will take place from Monday 10th August 2020 – Friday 23rd October 2020
- Dayshift working Mondays to Fridays – 07:00hrs to 17:00hrs
- Nightshift working – 21:00hrs Saturdays to 09:00hrs Sundays
- Nightshift working Sundays to Thursdays – 22:00hrs to 07:00hrs
- 24hr continuous working from 07:00hrs Friday 18rd September until 06:00hrs Monday 21st September 2020
PLEASE NOTE: Road traffic management will be in place on Wheatfield Road during these works as follows:
- Half road closure (east bound lane) under the rail bridge commencing at 00:01hrs on 10th August until 23:00hrs on 25th September
- Full road closure under the rail bridge commencing at 07:00hrs on 18th September until 23:00hrs on 21st September
- Half road closure (west bound lane) under the rail bridge commencing at 23:00hrs on 25th September until 23:00hrs on 23rd October
We have asked those working on site to work with consideration for the local community.
If your constituents have any questions or concerns they can raise these directly with us through our 24-hr helpline on 03457 11 41 41 or via our website www.networkrail.co.uk/contactus.