If any of the information listed here is incorrect, please contact us and we will update as soon as possible.
6VT: staff are supporting young people via messenger, email firstname.lastname@example.org, facebook, twitter, instagram or contact through the website www.6vt.info. Online drop ins for 13-21years olds every Mon, Wed, Fri 7pm.
Childline: Help and advice on a wide range of issues http://www.childline.org.uk
Telephone, online chat, email or forum support. FREE Helpline Tel: 0800 1111
Gambling and Young People: Fast Forward Advice and information booklet for parents and carers on gambling and young people www.fastforward.org.uk/advice-for-parents
Health in Mind: new wellbeing Line for young people launched in June and runs till 31 July 2020.
Call 0808 801 0614 for FREE, 2-6pm Mon, Thurs, Fri & 11am-3pm Sat & Sun
HOT (Health Opportunities Team): Offer health and wellbeing support to young people. Mental health and sexual health support available through a confidential telephone consultation on Wed 4-8pm and Thu 3.45-6pm or join the online Feel Good group. For more information or to book a time to chat email: email@example.com or sent a message on Facebook- Health Opportunities Team, Twitter @hothoose Instagram @hothoose
Mind Yer Time Website: New website developed but the Children’s Parliament and Scottish Youth Parliament. Positive tips, stories and information for children and young people to help use screen time positively. www.mindyertime.scot
People Know How: are offering Online Befriending and Group Support for young people in P7 across Edinburgh who would benefit from support through this uncertain time. Young people can talk, play games, learn, and share with a befriender or participate in group activities. See www.peopleknowhow.org/positive-transitions-service/coronavirus
Penumbra Self Harm Project: Support and advice to parent and carers who are concerned about their child over the phone, by email or video call. Please contact: Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a slight waiting list for support to individuals over 16 years who self-harm but please contact email@example.com for more information.
SCORE Scotland’s children and youth team are currently delivering two weekly sessions online; Knots and Crosses Children’s Club (7-10 years) and Knots and Crosses Youth Club (11-16 years). We are engaging with children and young people via Zoom and Instagram @knots.and.crosses.youth.club. Participants have recently been working on cookery challenges and enterprise sessions and this provision continue to grow. Please refer families with children & young people to Jennifer.Ba@scorescotland.org.uk 07504 826 683
The Youth Agency
• Weekly Digital Drop-ins via Zoom a mixture of easy fun activities, general chat and chance to share experiences, checking in to see how individuals are and the opportunity to access further support if required. Juniors (aged 8-P6) Tuesday 6-8pm; Intermediates (P7-S2) Thursday 7-9pm; Seniors (S3+) Wednesday 7-9pm
• One to One support, Issue-based group work, Nurture groups
• offered to any young person we worked with prior to covid-19. Get in touch and a worker will call you back.
• Comfort packs contain shampoo, conditioner, tooth brushes, toothpaste, sanitary products and deodorant. They can be collected from the Youth Agency office on Dumbryden Drive (in line with social distancing) or delivered to anyone who is self-isolating.
• Food Parcels we have a limited number of food parcels and vouchers which are for young people we work with and their families. Should we have an extra we will let people know through social media.
• Contact firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/westerhailesyouthagency Twitter@WHYouthAgency
Young Minds: Support for children and young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing. www.youngminds.org.uk Young people experiencing a mental health crisis needing urgent help can contact the Young Minds Crisis Messenger by texting 85258, this is available 24 hours a day, every day.
All texts are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors. Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus.