Planning and Licensing

Image credit: GDCC

As a Community Council, we have a statutory right to be consulted on local planning issues. The City of Edinburgh Council’s Planning Service sends out a weekly list of all planning applications submitted. We frequently invite developers to present planning proposals to our monthly public meetings, and encourage residents to attend these meetings to scrutinise and offer comments on proposals for Gorgie and Dalry.

While there is no statutory requirement for local authorities to consult us on licensing matters, community councils are considered as ‘competent objectors’. We may appoint representatives to attend meetings of the Licensing Board and speak in support of objections. 

If you would like to get in touch with us about any planning issues, please contact us.

Residents can view and comment on planning applications via the City of Edinburgh Council Planning Portal.

Planning Aid Scotland (PAS) also offers a free, impartial and confidential planning advice service, provided by specialist volunteers, all of whom are chartered planners.